Monday, January 28, 2013

Splash du Jour: Monday

There's a hazardous sadness to the first sounds of someone else's work in the morning; it's as if stillness experiences pain in being broken. The first minute of the workday reminds you of all the other minutes a day consists of, and it's never a good thing to think of minutes as individuals. Only after other minutes have joined the naked, lonely first minute does the day become more safely integrated in its dayness.
-- Jonathan Franzen, Freedom --





Have a great Monday!
*****

1 comment:

Sim Carter said...

So true! I usually wake up to the light clattery sounds (I know that's not a word but it works for me)and I resent the intrusion and reminder that the day has begun and I'm still abed. Until I focus enough to see he's put a cuppa coffee next to the bed; then I'm glad he became part of the day before me.