Friday, May 07, 2010

Splash du Jour: Friday


Trembling


Forgive me, for only tonight I realize it.
The fool I have been.
Now, I want to listen, and so deeply
that with your every breath
words are noise.
Let me listen.
I want you to lean into me, not saying anything,
but trembling, feel me tremble.

Whisper. Tell me what moves you.
I want to know what moves you.
More than ever opening my eyes
again, I want to know.
What moves you.

I said these things to you
as the night itself turned us inside out.

We looked at the river in the moonlight.
And a log went by, floating.
On it, a duck stood.

It was when we fell back on the grass
laughing, I knew. You would never
never be gone, were a cyclone to take you
from me.
Nor I, from you.

And we trembled in the grass together,
until we shivered.
knowing it.

c. Ciprianowords Inc. 2007

Have a great Friday!
******

No comments: