Thursday, March 04, 2010

Hitch24 [minutes].

In a recent blog-posting I alluded to the infamous Christopher Hitchens, and only afterward did I say to myself... "Hmmm, perhaps some of my readers are not familiar with this anti-theist curmudgeon!"
His [2007] book entitled "god is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" remains one of the best books I have ever read when it comes to effectively delineating and explicating some of the absurdities of religion.
I've been informed in a secret emailing from Random House that there will soon be a sort of memoir-type autobiography entitled "Hitch22: Some Confessions and Contradictions", due to be released in Canada on June 1st, 2010.
I've already asked for a pre-release review copy!
Anyhoo, for a sampling of what Hitchens is like, here is a 24-minute interview with CBC's Jian Ghomeshi on the radio program "Q".


1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Hitch-22, heh that's a clever title. I've not read Hitchens yet, or Dawkins, but they are two I'd like to read sometime I just don't know when.