Thursday, March 18, 2010

Alice in [Wonder]Chains!

Maybe it's all the hype about Alice in Wonderland as of late?
I don't know.
All I do know is that I just cannot get this one song out of my head.
It is in there and IT WON'T COME OUT!
The song is called Your Decision and it's by American rockers Alice in Chains.
Besides being just a terrific and well produced song [in my opinion] somehow the lyrics are just lodged in my brain like a terrific Billy Collins poem, but on acid.
I don't even know what this song means, but I just like it.




Your Decision


Time to change has come and gone.

Watched your fears become your God.
It's your decision. It's your decision.

Overwhelmed, you chose to run.
Apathetic to the stunned.

It's your decision
. It's your decision.
You feed the fire that burned us all when you lied.
To feel the pain that spurs you on
black inside.

No one plans to take the path that brings you lower.

And here you stand before us all and say it's over.

It's over.


It might seem an afterthought.
Yes, it hurts to know you're bought.

It's your decision.
********

No comments: