Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Splash du Jour: Tuesday












Pullman

His dark materials, indeed.
Here is a man that set something ablaze in me.
I read the first one with a graduated belief, and
by volume two, was longing for my own daemon.
My cat yawned as I took a knife from the drawer
and began fencing with reality.

Around a year ago, my pillow was Iorek’s neck.
I never did cut holes in what is, but dust to Dust,
a year ago I entered a world.
Last year a world entered me.

-- Cipriano --

Have a great Tuesday!
********

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more.
Send it to Pullman.

Cipriano said...

His books had me enthralled.
In a way, I have not yet recovered.

Merisi said...

Great poem,
even for someone who has not read the books! :-)

A friend of mine translated Pullman's trilogy, seems he was transported after the first volume.
Never heard from him again.















Just kidding!
(Translate he did, though! *smile*)

Isabella K said...

I'm in the middle of book two right now! Good stuff.