Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Splash du Jour: Wednesday

You must be sure of two things: you must love your work, and not be always looking over the edge of it, wanting your play to begin. And the other is, you must not be ashamed of your work, and think it would be more honorable for you to be doing something else.
-- George Eliot, in Middlemarch, ch.56 –

As I have heard it said, “Those who love their work, add five days to their week.”
My week has two days.
Saturday and Sunday.
The days I am not working.
If today I won the Big Lottery [which is currently at 43 Million clams and I have two tickets, so I have a damn good chance at the thing…] I would definitely quit my job.
If you, dear reader, would keep working where you currently work, after winning $43,000,000… I envy you. I really do.
Because you are living SEVEN days a week, instead of just the two!
More power to you!

Have a great Wednesday!

*********

4 comments:

Melwyk said...

I hear you! (except I am sure that I have the winning ticket...)

Anonymous said...

No WE'VE got the winning ticket! (heh).

I got Guy to buy three!

Good luck to you, Cippy!

Merisi said...

Good luck!

As to your work, dear Cip,
remember the long discussion we had about it some time ago?
I wished you'd grasp for the one straw or other, you would make so many people happy!

Cipriano said...

Seems like NONE of us have won, huh?
DAMN!
How can something so EASY be so IMPOSSIBLE?