Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Power of Now

This will be a first for me.
Asking the opinion of other readers BEFORE I read a certain book. A while ago, a friend sent me a Youtube videoclip of Eckhart Tolle, being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey. I was immediately interested in a lot of things that Mr. Tolle had to say.
The next day at the book store I flipped around in this book, shown here.
The Power of Now.
I then responded to my friend by saying, “Let’s read something by him. Let’s see what this guy is all about.”
Since then, another friend has been added to our discussion group and in about ten days from now, the three of us will be going through the book.
I now have the book with me…. we all do.
And now, flipping through it more casually, I find that it seems to be even more “radical” [if that is the word] than I first thought it to be.
And I do not use the term "radical" in a negative connotation, per se, only in the sense that some of Eckhart Tolle's ideas seem.... quite unique!
My question is this:
Have any of you read this, or any other book, by Eckhart Tolle?
If so, what is your general impression of his ideas?


Here is the videoclip I mention above CLICK!

*************

No comments: