Saturday, May 31, 2008

Phantasm: A Saturday Poem









Phantasm

I walked across a field last night
And though you were not there…
The scented, memory-laden
Mists of you were in the air.

And these were scattered by a breeze
Whose message was the same…
For distantly were whisp’ring
Aspen leaves that knew your name.

And even when the gathering winds
Surrounded like a fire…
The gusty tongues could only carry
Thoughts of you still higher.

Where up above, and far apart
Two lonely stars were gleaming…
They followed me across the field
Last night as I lay dreaming.

© Ciprianowords Inc. 2008

2 comments:

Beth said...

Lovely.
My favourite line/image?
"...memory-laden mists of you..."

Cipriano said...

Thank you, Beth.
I am so glad you enjoy the poem... even having a favorite line.
I like that.