Monday, March 10, 2008

Splash du Jour: Monday











Waiting


Rhymes with weighting, and makes me heavy.

You know I am going to keep believing in you.


The first half-hour I was embarrassed, I guess.

Felt there should be no reason for me, waiting.


I smiled at people, as they passed me by.
And
An hour passed, and I put a hand to my chest.

Yes, beating, my heart. You know something?

I am leaving our corner now, but not you. No.


Something is wrong. Something is very wrong.

You know I am going to keep believing in you.


I am not embarrassed or scared, I am hurried.

Rhymes with worried, and makes me love you.


© Ciprianowords Inc. 2008

Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Lovely.
You captured an emotional moment in time so well.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cip, that's a lovely bittersweet one

Sam said...

Bravo, Cip. Nicely done when someone like me without a romantic bone in his body can appreciate it. :-)

Cipriano said...

Thank you, dear readers.
It is a joy to be read by you.