Thursday, September 27, 2007

Splash du Jour: Thursday

How strange is it to think that most of us can count on one hand the number of people we know who are doing what they most want to do for a living. They invariably have about them a kind of wildness and calmness both, possessing somewhat the grace of animals that are fitted intricately and polished into this world. An academic such as myself might refer to it as a kind of biological confidence. Certainly I think another word for it could be peace.
-- Rick Bass, in the short-story, The Hermit’s Way --

Have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only people I know who are doing what they like best are retired. I can't age fast enough...!

Shark said...

Life is only what you make it.

Merisi said...

I always loved my jobs. Right now, I wished I would have more time, working on what I love doing. Maria Montessori said something to the effect that it is important to have pride in your work, your accomplishments. I don't remember if she also said what I have come to believe, I think she did: Whatever you do, do it the best way you can, and be proud of it. I think one can learn to love one's "work".

Cipriano said...

I soooooooooo wish I was retired!
You know how people always say... "Oh no. You'd be bored. You'd be bored and you would want to find some job to do, you would..."
Right about then I cut them off with a loud, "NO. I. WOULD. NOT."
I would not ever, for one moment be bored.
I want to retire.
Like right now.