Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Splash du Jour: Wednesday

I saw the errors I had made and assumed full responsibility for everything. You know, instead of being a man who would say, ‘Well, it’s a rotten system we live under,’ and griping about politics, economics and the social condition, I said, ‘Despite all that, I could have acted differently, I could have come out,’ do you see? And I saw that as being the fault of my own nature, character and temperament. I accepted it, and once I did that, a great weight fell off me. I was liberated. I was able to really enjoy myself.
-- Henry Miller --

Have a great Wednesday!
**********

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that quote. You scanned that from a fridge magnet, didn't you? I recognize that typeface.

Anonymous said...

Joyously, serenely, divinely aware for sure. I'm not sure about being drunkenly aware! Maybe I should learn to deal with relationship drama by being drunkenly aware!

Have a great day. :)

Cipriano said...

Nope, Patricia, I did not. But I have seen the very magnets that you describe, yes. No, I am afraid that all of my own fridge magnets are saying things like.... "QUIT EATING, YOU WALRUS!"
Stuff like that!

Matt, I assure you.
Drunkenness is GREAT for relationship drama, it really is!
My goal is stay SO drunk that I am not AWARE of any relationships that may or may not be taking place around me!