Thursday, February 23, 2006

"Tell me the truth, Doc!"

-- There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!
-- Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
-- The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card!
-- When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!
-- A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel!


OK, seriously now.
That stuff [above] is just so you don’t consider your time spent in the bookpuddle as a complete waste of time, this time around. Because from here on out, it gets only more and more increasingly boringer, until finally crashing into a big wall with the word “BORING” emblazoned on it!
Thing is… I need your help, faithful Puddle-readers.
Seems that many people are telling me that the page, the entire Bookpuddle© page itself is not doing well at all.
It is not appearing correctly. It is not correctly appearing.
Correctly appearing, it is not.

Seems that for many viewers, the top of the page is blank, and then the postings begin quite a ways down.
There are other problems too, but I cannot speak of them right now, for I am too chagrined over the whole mess.
Too emotionally distraught.

See, on MY screen, all is well. It has never looked better. [It's like not knowing you have a terminal illness... but yet, everyone else knows.]
But ever since I have been using a Mac format, and [necessarily, in other words, not by choice] using Firefox as a browser to upload my blogs…. well, things have never been the same as the good old days!
I love the Mac, but it is quirky. Real quirky.

So… all of this to ask the following.
I would really appreciate if every one of you, every single person reading this, clicked on the comments section and just said “It looks the same as ever” or “It looks great” or… OR… tell me, “Yes, there is a gaping vortex of nothingness and THEN the page begins, three miles south of where it ought to be appearing!”

Thank you. I really appreciate your participation in this.
As any of you fellow-bloggers know, it is unsettling when you THINK your page is great-looking, when actually, it looks junky.
I want to know the truth…. “Tell me the truth Doc! Am I am goner?”
If any of you are really adventurous, perhaps you may look at some of my archived blogs and see if you can find a clue to the mystery… apparently, it all went haywire around Jan.31st or Feb.1st, somewhere around there.
Thank you, again.
Now…. please, do not simply fade away…. TELL ME!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks the same to me

Cipriano said...

See, this is the idea.... keep 'em coming!
Thank you blind guy!

Anonymous said...

No changes here

Anonymous said...

It looks the same as ever-which is great! Checked using Firefox 1.0.5, Opera 8.02 and Explorer 6.0.2900.

Anonymous said...

Looks the same as ever--very good. I'm using Firefox at my library (job) since they don't want us to use Microsoft stuff.

SFP said...

It looks the same to me. Because of difficulties I had with the Firefly pic last weekend, which originally wanted to move all my content way down the page, I wonder if you have a picture that's too wide for its space. Could this possibly be the problem?

Isabella K said...

It looks fine now, but it didn't a little while ago (last week?). I didn't notice a specific culprit, but as Susan suggests, it's usually a picture too wide for the column margins.

Cipriano said...

Thank you all for your comments, I truly appreciate it, and I feel a lot better now.
It may have been sort of an isolated problem.
I thought the same thing, about a photo or something that was too large for the margins, but I don't really see anything that qualifies as a really big picture. One time the page was all screwed up because of a hundred-letter WORD that I had invented... even words have to be within reason, apparently.
Thanks for your advice and for your responses, all.

Cold Molasses said...

It too was wacky on my screen in the past...but now, all looks well. Don't fret Puddler, keep the content good and we won't judge the blog based on how it looks. Hey, that's sort of how we treat you!!!! Keep up the good puddling.

Stefanie said...

Looks good to me. I have noticed however, with blogger blogs in general, sometimes Internet Explorer does goofy things to it. I use Safari and never have a problem, but sometimes when I sneak a blog read at work things go a little wonky.