Monday, January 30, 2006

CLOSED FOR REPAIRS!

Well... I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
My computer (laptop) has been acting up for a while and this morning it pretty much said "I've had enough!"
KAPUT!
Black screen.
Finished.
Fried.
History.
Hence, no Splash du Jour, no voluminous erudition here tonight.
Nope, here I am at a downtown Library computer, with a sea of people tapping away on either side of me.
I am officially COMPUTERLESS!
So I just thought I would at least stop by and inform whichever Puddle-ites are out there in Blogland that it may be a good long while before I am up and running again.
Possibly with a Mac this time!

I will miss blogging you worse than you will miss reading me!
*******

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, obviously you won't read this for awhile, but we (I'm sure I speak for many) shall miss you. It will be painful to skip your site in my daily fix of "people with enlightening and interesting things to say regarding books that have no relevance to an OS or latest worm threat." If it weren't for the black screen of death I'd ask if perhaps it is virus or spyware related and then perchance I could repay the enjoyment your posts give me with some IT advice/suggestions, since that's what I spend my coffee drowned days doing-unless of course that's what you do all day in which case please don't be insulted I offered! Here's hoping we see you back soon!

Anonymous said...

well, it was fun while it lasted . i will keep you in my favorites and check back every now and again to see if yoou are up and running.
good luck and hey smile and look out the window the sun will still rise... i think...

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!! I am sorry to hear that.

Please get a new computer soon! And make sure it's a MAC!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck--hope you make it back soon! I think your blog, as well as a couple of others, always has interesting and enlightening things to say about books and authors--and I always look forward to reading you every morning at work! I hope your absence won't be too long.

JoanneMarie Faust said...

I'll be here waiting for your return! Hurry back. You will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the outpouring of well-wishes and whatnot else. I really miss writing stuff!
And after I had such incredible Splash-du-Jour-ish things to put on there, both yesterday and today...
Maybe I will try to do something yet tonight, from this Library computer.

I am in negotiations right now to be getting a Mac!
I am sick of overheating and viruses. [Talking abut my computer here]. The Mac is expensive, but I am talking it over with Jack, and he is fine with my exorbitant spending... he said, "As long as you keep putting pictures of me up there!"

All the best to you, you crazy troupe of Puddlers.