Monday, October 31, 2005

The Thirtyfirst.

Well, dear ghouls and goblins.
Here is a little ditty I wrote, many scary moons ago.....


The Thirtyfirst

Chilled, no doubt the night
air felt
October’s final sigh.
A cloud as though a pillow
torn
threw feathers in the sky.

As summoned barking seized my heart
in rough
staccato time,
with dripping jaws the steamy breath
was puffed
though in my mind.

A bloated ghost with homely
stare, a
feeling not alone...
was floating there above me
where, a
lunar goblin shone.

Hastening then, the chase to end
and never
wond’ring why.
Chilled no doubt, the night
I felt
October’s final sigh.

© Ciprianowords Inc. 2005

2 comments:

Quillhill said...

May I be the first to say that is quite well-written.

Cipriano said...

Thank you very much for your comment. I wrote this poem many many years ago, in the very extremely early a.m.
I was walking in a park, right at the Pacific Ocean (Vancouver Island) and the moon was still out and it looked really eerie. I sat on these concrete steps that led right into the water, and I wrote this stuff on a little piece of paper... it was actually a sort of strange half-psycho moment.
There are many of my poems in my archives section. Thank you for reading this one.