Friday, July 29, 2005

On Hiatus.

Hiatus.
-- “a period when something is suspended or interrupted.” –
I love that word.
And I am about to take one.
A hiatus I mean.
From what will I be hiatusing?
WORK!
Oh! glorious days of non-work stretch out before me in their vacationary splendor.
Beginning right now... right this minute. The freedom is exilherating.
The downside [for me, if not you] is that I may not be around here, splashing around in the ol’ bookpuddle as regularly as I have been wont to do.
Instead I will be splashing in and/or around the Pacific Ocean!
Tramping the shoreline and inner forests of Vancouver Island.
On hiatus.
Cyber-wise, I am not sure if I will be able to be around to service the hundreds... no, thousands.... no, hundreds of thousands of faithful and hopefully addicted Puddle readers who depend on me daily to fill their world with meaning and silliness.

Being on hiatus is no excuse however, to neglect books and/or things literary.
In fact, it is the best time to indulge in the finer things of life.
[Note: In my opinion, the only time a thinking person can avoid books with impunity is when they are in a coma.]
Hence, tomorrow morning I will begin the reading of Jose Saramago’s novel entitled Baltasar and Blimunda. Oh yes. Where I go... the books go.

And by the way.... I KNOW what you are thinking.
You think that I have chosen my holiday destination based on my love for The Toucan.
[see Love-Blog entitled “Still Smitten” of June 18th].
But no.... well... maybe.
There may be some truth to that theory.......

aloha!

_____

No comments: